If your boots are smelling less than new, here are a few suggestions to freshen them up:
- A charcoal-based inner sole, like Odor Eaters will combat smell.
- Sprinkle the inside of your boots with baking soda and let it sit/neutralize overnight. Shake your boots out before putting them on. If you're having a crafty moment, make a re-useable baking soda sachet by filling a hanky with baking soda. Secure the hanky ends with a rubber band and put it into your boots at night.
- Some say that kitty litter is great for eliminating more than the obvious kind of strong smell. Do the same thing with this as the baking soda.
- In the same way that Dryel or fabric softener sheets wipe out light body odor, they can also be tucked into shoes to freshen them up over night. (Make sure to put them in the boot right after you take them off so they are still warm.)
- Try an anti-microbial shoe insert.